Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bricked

Hi Everyone

Have been up to heaps lately, including a few awesome monitoring visits and Anna's (Assistant Head of Sub Office at Siem Reap) farewell. Unfortunately I cant share the photos with you just yet.

So last weekend I decided to buy some anti-virus software for my computer (talk about bizarre impulse buying!). At the same time I bought a new external hard drive to back up my computer. Return home and decide to load the anti-virus software THEN back up my computer. Big mistake. Norton somehow deleted and cleaned the whole hard drive so it isnt recognised at all now. I have IT at work looking at it but it looks like I have lost everything on my laptop, including all my personal docs, my game on Transport Tycoon where I had accumulate 400,000,000,000 dollars but most distressingly all my photos of the last seven months. Hopefully i can recover some lower resolution versions from this blog, but annoying nonetheless.

When i sort it out i will post the photos on my camera.

Seeya!

2 Comments:

Blogger Square Wedding Cakes said...

hey Dude,

See if you you can get a hold of a copy of linux on CD and boot from that. You should be able to explore your hard drive and see if anything still exists.

Oh and btw make sure you back up to a solid state like a CD as well as your hard drive. Make it a monthly thing just to be sure.

Simon

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Matt, heard you were having troubles with your files, try a program called 'GetDataBack'. It has worked for me in the past. There's a demo version on their website.
http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

Cheers,
Owen.

11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home